Monday, October 12, 2009

Remember when Gaga was COOL?

I DO. The first time I had ever seen Gaga was on one of Kanye's "Fresh Kids" blog posts. Most of the pictures included Gaga in gloves, origami dresses, and with her iconic "disco stick". From that moment on, I was, (yes, I'll admit it), INFACTUATED with the girl named Gaga. I was mesmerized with her cutting-edge style, and creative videos. For a while she wowed everyone with her wild, "dancer girl" image; like a modern-day Madonna. Now, I'm not sure what happened. Somewhere along the line Gaga fell off of that "Fresg Kids" list in modern culture. Now we all sit in anticipation, just waiting for the oppurtunity to say, "What was she thinking??!!". THIS FOLKS, is what happens when someone tries too hard to be ICONIC. ICONIC. ICONIC. Celebrities today are OBSESSED with this word. Everyone wants to be iconic. Whether it's Rihanna going out in purple lipstick and barely-there clothing, or Lady Gaga's red carpet nightmares, the longing to be an icon is very evident in today's pop culture. It's getting ridiculous people! I'm tired of seeing these psychotic celebrity attempts to be ranked amongst the likes of Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, and Michael Jackson, (in the terms of being an icon). I really ask myself what these people are thinking when they pull outfits like the ones that some celebrities do. THAT'S IT. KATO MATE.

1 comment:

  1. ill follow you if you follow me manyswaggersonezwagger.blogspot.com
    manyswaggersonezwagger.blogspot.com
    manyswaggersonezwagger.blogspot.com
    manyswaggersonezwagger.blogspot.com
    manyswaggersonezwagger.blogspot.com
    manyswaggersonezwagger.blogspot.com
    manyswaggersonezwagger.blogspot.com
    manyswaggersonezwagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete