Saturday, December 19, 2009

Starstuck.


I've always wanted to meet a celebrity. I remember getting excited when we would drive down Hollywood Blvd. on vacations in California. I was EAGER to spot one of them. Like a sci-fi geek eager to spot a UFO, I would peer out of the window in desperation, easily fooled when a faux Michael Jackson would catch my eye. As I got older, I realized that most celebrities probably don't hang out around Hollywood Blvd. Then one day, my friend told me that he saw Samuel L. Jackson while in NYC. SHOOT! Why do other people get to see them and not me? Oh the frustration. And it pains me even today to admit that I have yet to encounter one of them. Sure, I met then-President Bil Clinton when I was about eight in Martha's Vineyard, but that doesn't count to me. Sure, I caught a glimpse of Busta Rhymes one time in Long Island, but again: that doesn't count. I want a real encounter with a celebrity. One that I could blog about, and produces photographic evidence. And then it hit me. Would I be able to handle an encounter with a celebrity? I've always been one to shake my head at hysterical fans who tend to pass out and cry at the sight of celebrities, but as time moved on, I realized that those "crazy people" could easily be me one day. This epiphany has sparked a new fear in me. Now, before you ask why I would have a fear of meeting a celebrity, let's look at some examples of a celebrity that is liable to act out when "not in the mood". Kanye West. In September 2008, Mr. West and his manager were arrested for attacking a paparazzi at LAX airport. That by itself scares me. Kanye was also arrested that November for having another scuffle with a paparazzi at Newcastle Upon Time, England. Now, looking at those two examples of people getting attacked by Mr. West at the "wrong times", I think it's fair to say that Kanye really doesn't like being encountered when he's out and about. That's a problem for me. If I see a celebrity out on the street, (or anywhere), I'm going to approach them. And if it happens to be Kanye West....Oh yes! I'm most definitely going to approach him! But what if he's having one his infamous "off days" on the day that our paths cross? I guess you all will just have to stay tuned and see what happens...because we WILL meet. One day.

3 comments:

  1. if he has an "off day" then he'd probably physically hurt you and then you can probably settle out of court for a good amount of money so...ya i'd say go and be a crazy fanatic!

    if i ever meet Oprah or Sarah Jessica Parker...I'd cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol YES...i dont kow if i could live with Knaye hating me though ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower because it introduced me to yours. Following you too!

    xoxo
    Amy

    http://thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete