Friday, December 4, 2009

Kanye West Slighted (Once Again).


I DON'T KNOW. Maybe this just isn't my year for award shows. I'm usually VERY excited for award shows, but after the 2009 VMA's, I haven't been too psyched about award shows. Now, I'm not one to point the finger at anyone, (who am I kidding?), but I think Kanye ruined the rest of the 2009 award season for me. Don't get me wrong though, I'm one of the biggest Kanye fans you'll ever meet, but Kanye did some damage to my anticipation of award shows at the 2009 VMA's. But I'm not here to bash Kanye. I'm actually here to stand by "The Louie Vuitton Don", and offer my always humble view on how the 2010 Grammy Nominations treated Kanye................ THE NOMINATIONS ARE WACK (in regards to Kanye's nominations). How is it that people loved "808's and Heartbreak", yet the only nod that the album got was a measly one for "Amazing", which is in the "Best Rap Performance By A Duo or Group" category. REALLY? The song was 90% Kanye West. To put it in that category is disrespectful (at the LEAST) to Kanye. Why not give "808's and Heartbreak" a nomination in "Best Pop Album"? We all know that it belongs in that category, (with a couple more nominations to be honest). I find it hilarious how Kanye lost all nods in the music world after the VMA incident. We all know that he already had some of those awards in the BAG at the VMA's (let's be honest), but due to his irresponsible actions that night, he lost them. Same thing happened at the AMA's and all of the award shows that followed. I at least expected The Grammy's to get over the "Kanye Stigma" that all of America was stricken with. Obviously not. Well, all there is to do now is just sit back and hope that Mr. West can at least win the (wack) awards that he's nominated for. Good luck Mr. West.

3 comments:

  1. yea he was snubbed, beyonce better win all her awards taylor isnt all that great i never got into her music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah..she's just gettin pity now...its ridiculous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for previously following my blog Aramatic...but come and follow my new blog tamarahorton.blogspot.com

    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete